McClure Middle School Athletics
McClure strives to provide an atmosphere for student athletes in which they can learn, develop skills, and demonstrate sportsmanship in a variety of sports programs after school.
- Students can only play one sport per season.
- All practices are held after school, typically twice per week from 3:45-5:15pm here at McClure. Specific practice schedules vary from sport to sport and will be determined by the coaches.
- Games are played on Saturdays, typically in the morning or early afternoon. Game schedules will be given out at practice as soon as they are available.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from practices and games. However, there are buses available for transportation after practice (during M.O.S.T programming dates). Please sign-up with Kristin Evans, the CLC Director: email@example.com, 206-252-1861.
- The school’s goal is to allow all students to play in a sport. However, the number of participants may need to be limited via a try-out process in some cases for either safety reasons (not enough adult supervision as either volunteers or coaches), or practical reasons (i.e. not enough playing time for sports like basketball that require a smaller number of players).
- All students must be in good standing as far as behavior and maintain at least a C- or better in all of their classes in order to play. Students are to turn in grade sheets, signed by all of their teachers, by Wednesday of each week there is a game in order to play. Students who do not have sufficient grades will not be allowed to play in the game.
- All required registration, now on Family ID, must be submitted before the student will be able to participate.
All athletic registration is now done through Family ID.
SPS Athletics Information
If unable to use Family ID, athletic Forms & Applications are also available in the magazine rack across from the front office.